Fair Pass Transit Discount Program
The Fair Pass Transit Discount Program is a City of Toronto poverty reduction initiative to help make TTC and Wheel-Trans more affordable for low-income Toronto residents. The Fair Pass discount is programmed onto a PRESTO card number and saves cardholders 36% on TTC single adult fare rides and 21% on TTC adult monthly passes.
To be eligible for the discount, you must:
- live in the City of Toronto;
- be 20-64 years old;
- meet the program’s definition of low-income, and;
- have a PRESTO card number.
Learn more and apply online at www.toronto.ca/transitdiscount.
- Residents who need assistance with their Fair Pass application can call the City of Toronto’s Application and Support Centre 416-338-8888 (toll free: 1-888-465-4478)
- Fair Pass applicants who receive assistance through Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), Ontario Works (OW), or a Toronto Child Care Fee Subsidy should provide their program identification number, but all other applicants must provide income documents to assess their financial eligibility
- Fair Pass applications cannot be completed without a PRESTO card number.
- Free physical PRESTO cards are available at participating Toronto Public Library branches, while quantities last. Free digital PRESTO cards are available in Google Wallet or in the PRESTO App if you use an Android smartphone or Wear OS smartwatch.
- The Fair Pass discount is valid for 12 months from the date of issue; the funds on the PRESTO card will not expire
- The PRESTO card with Fair Pass discount applied is not transferable and is intended for the approved Fair Pass client only
- If you are experiencing technical issues with a PRESTO card or want to transfer balance to a new card, call the PRESTO Contact Centre at 1-877-378-6123
- Learn more about PRESTO on the TTC