2021 Operating Statistics
The TTC Operating Statistics publication contains all the key facts and figures about the system’s performance in an annual period and is an invaluable quick reference when talking about the TTC’s achievements in service. The Operating Statistics are compiled by the Corporate Communications Department.
1. System Quick Facts
Daily Trips (Average Business Day)
- Revenue Passengers (Fares Collected) - 610,954
- Revenue Passengers and Transfer Fares - 1,184,000
- Of the 165 conventional bus and streetcar routes, 163 make 278 connections with the Subway/Scarborough RT system during the A.M. rush period.
- Friday, November 26, 2022: highest 1-day ridership - 938,013
Rail Transit Quick Facts (Subway, Scarborough Rapid Transit, Streetcar)
- Number of Stations* 75
- Number of Escalators 293**
- Number of Elevators 136**
(In service at: Bathurst, Bayview, Bessarion, Bloor-Yonge, Broadview, Chester, Coxwell, Davisville, Don Mills, Downsview Park, Dufferin, Dundas West, Dupont, Eglinton, Eglinton West, Finch, Finch West, Highway 407, Jane, Keele, Kennedy, Kipling, Lawrence West, Leslie, Main Street, North York Centre, Ossington, Pape, Pioneer Village, Queen, Royal York, Runnymede, Scarborough Centre, Sheppard West, Sheppard-Yonge, Spadina, St Clair, St Clair West, St George, Osgoode, Sherbourne, St Andrew, Queen’s Park, Queens Quay, Union, Vaughan Metropolitan Centre, Victoria Park, Wellesley, Wilson, Woodbine, Yorkdale, York Mills, York University.)
* Subway interchanges counted once.
** 5 elevators opened at 3 station in 2021: Keele, Sherbourne and Yorkdale.