Keeping the TTC safe and clean
What we’re doing to keep the TTC safe and clean
Cleaning vehicles and stations
- The TTC will continue with enhanced cleaning of high touch points in our stations, with a focus on touch and grab points, such as buttons, railings, handles and straps.
- All vehicles will continue to be cleaned regularly.
- The TTC takes the health and safety of its employees and customers very seriously and is in regular communication with Toronto Public Health.
Hand sanitizer dispensers
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at the main entrance of all subway stations, inside the paid area. The dispensers are inspected throughout the day to ensure they are available for people to use.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are also available on all Wheel-Trans vehicles and at the middle doors inside of all streetcars.
- Fare Inspectors will be present at key locations on the streetcar network, reminding customers to tap their PRESTO cards when entering a streetcar.
- Fare Inspectors have resumed proof-of-payment inspections.