Take the TTC to the CNE
Beginning tomorrow, Fri., Aug. 16 until Mon., Sept. 2, the TTC will be increasing service to and from the Canadian National Exhibition to help customers get to and from the festivities as quickly and easily as possible.
Several TTC surface routes will have enhanced service, while select others will be changing to accommodate the increased volume of vehicles. There will also be additional customer service support at high-traffic TTC locations to help direct customers to the most suitable route.
Service changes are as follows:
- 29 Dufferin - Will have increased service and dedicated CNE express buses. Customers can access the regular 29 Dufferin from Wilson Station or the express from Dufferin Station.
- 504B King - Will run between Broadview Station and Queen St./ Roncesvalles Ave. from 9 a.m. onward, each day, until 10 p.m. on Mon., Sept. 2. This means it will not be stopping at Dufferin Gate Loop after 9 a.m. each day until the end of the CNE. Customers who need to connect with King St. can do so via the 29 Dufferin bus, operating out of Dufferin Gate Loop.
- 509 Harbourfront - Will have additional, frequent streetcar service between Union Station and Exhibition Loop.
- 510 Spadina - Will run between Spadina Station and Spadina Ave./Queen's Quay between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. daily. Customers who need to connect to Union Station during those times can take advantage of the more frequent 509 service which also stops at Spadina Ave./Queen's Quay.
- 511 Bathurst - Will have additional, frequent streetcar service between Bathurst Station and Exhibition Loop.
This Sat., Aug. 17, the TTC is also proud to offer free transit to Canadian veterans of war and peacekeeping missions, along with one companion, to commemorate the 98th Annual CNE Warriors' Day. Veterans and peacekeepers will be asked to show their service medals/ribbons to receive free TTC service.