TTC service improvements start rolling out this weekend
Starting this Sunday, Sept. 2, the TTC will be rolling out the first of two phases of major fall service improvements that will reduce crowding on Line 1, increase service on more than 30 bus routes and speed up trip times across the city through a new Express Network of buses.
“Through $3 million in additional investment approved by City Council and the hard work of TTC staff to optimize resources, we will be seeing significant progress on our plan to make public transit even more accessible and appealing to all Torontonians,” said Mayor John Tory.
Additional trains on Line 1 in the busiest times and more staff to assist with customer flow as well as an expansion and re-branding of the Express Network and increasing service on bus routes at the busiest times of day will result in reduced crowding, shorter wait times and more reliable service.
“Over the next two months, we are making major improvements that will improve the overall customer experience,” said TTC Chair Josh Colle.
For a complete list of service improvements coming in September and October, visit http://www.ttc.ca/fall2018/index.jsp
This Sunday, Sept. 2, the following bus routes will see improvements to reduce overcrowding at various times of day:
- 23 Dawes
- 29 Dufferin
- 36 Finch West
- 37 Islington
- 43 Kennedy
- 54 Lawrence East
- 63 Ossington
- 72 Pape
- 79 Scarlett Rd
- 84 Sheppard West
- 85 Sheppard East
- 88 South Leaside
- 100 Flemingdon Park
- 102 Markham Rd
- 113 Danforth
- 134 Progress
- 165 Weston Rd North
- 935 Jane Express (formerly 195 Jane Rocket)
- 905 Eglinton East (formerly 198 U of T Scarborough Rocket)
- 939 Finch Express (formerly 199 Finch Rocket)
This past spring, capacity improvements were also made to the 56 Leaside and 122 Graydon Hall routes.
Additional bus routes will be seeing improvements on Sun., Oct. 7.
The TTC is also expanding its network of express bus services (see attached map), making it easier for customers to travel across the city as quickly and efficiently as possible. Existing express routes will also be renamed to the 900 series and identified with green route numbers on poles and green lines on system maps.
New express routes that begin service on Tuesday, Sept. 4 are:
- 902 Markham Rd Express
- 913 Progress Express
- 937 Islington Express
Enhanced Express routes:
- 984 Sheppard West Express (replaces 84E and extends new peak service to Weston Road)
- 985 Sheppard East Express (replaces 190 Scarborough Centre Rocket and adds new peak service to Meadowvale Road)
For more on the Express Network, visit https://www.ttc.ca/express/index.jsp
Other service enhancements that start next week are:
- 123 Sherway (formerly 123 Shorncliffe) :an additional weekday peak service will operate via The West Mall between Dundas and Queensway. This will provide new service to employees and visitors to an employment area that currently has no service.
- 80 Queensway: Service on Monday to Saturday in the late evening, and Sunday all day, will connect to Keele Station (instead of Humber Loop) to improve customer connections to the subway.
The TTC is committed to keeping customers informed about changes to service as well as disruptions in real time. For the most up-to-date information, follow @TTCNotices on Twitter or sign up for eAlerts at ttc.ca.