Take the TTC to Canada 150 celebrations this weekend
This Canada Day weekend, the TTC is increasing subway, streetcar and bus service to help customers travel to and from the many Canada 150 celebrations being held throughout the city.
TTC customers can also take advantage of unlimited one-day travel from Sat., July 1 to Mon., July 3, with a Group/Family Day Pass for just $12.50.
Here are the best routes to City of Toronto Canada Day celebrations:
- Nathan Phillips Square: Take Line 1 to Osgoode or Queen stations.
- Mel Lastman Square: Take Line 1 Yonge-University to North York Centre Station.
- Scarborough Civic Centre Parade: Take Line 3 Scarborough to Scarborough Centre Station.
- Humber Bay Park West: Take Line 2 Bloor-Danforth to Old Mill Station and then take the Humber Bay Park West shuttle bus operating specially for Canada Day.
Several other Canada Day celebrations are also accessible by TTC. Visit TTC.ca for the best routes to:
- Amesbury Park
- Downsview Park
- Harbourfront Centre
- Redpath Waterfront Festival
- Ashbridges Bay & Woodbine Park
- Queens Park
- Town of Markham Canada Day Festivities
- East York 60th Celebration & Canada Day Festivities
- Milliken Park
- Weston Lions Park
- Queen’s Plate Festival
Numerous road closures and route diversions are in effect to facilitate many of these events. The TTC advises planning trips ahead of time at ttc.ca and following @TTCnotices for the most up-to-date route information.
For those visiting the Harbourfront area, keep an eye out for the vintage PCC streetcar, which will provide free rides throughout the day.