TTC track work on Line 3 this Saturday only
This Saturday, Nov. 26 only, there will be no service on Line 3 Scarborough as TTC crews conduct necessary track and signal work.
Shuttle buses will run frequently throughout the Saturday closure, stopping at all stations along the line.
Wheel-Trans buses will operate between Kennedy and Scarborough Centre stations for customers requiring an accessible connection. Customers can speak with any TTC staff to request the service.
While the TTC does much of its subway maintenance work at the conclusion of service each night, it requires weekend closures to upgrade its signal system, and to conduct more complex state-of-good-repair work, such as replacing track and maintaining switches. One weekend of work during a closure is equivalent to about five weeks of nightly work.
Here is a video explanation of why the TTC needs weekends to complete critical work.
Regular service resumes Sunday at 8 a.m. The final subway closures for 2016 are:
- Line 1: Wilson to Downsview - Dec. 3-4
- Line 2: Pape to St George - Dec. 3-4
From 6 p.m. on Fri., Nov. 25 until Mon., Nov. 28 at 5 a.m., continuing City of Toronto watermain work will restrict streetcars from operating on Queen St. W. between Shaw St. and Spadina Ave. In addition, track repair work will be conducted on Queen St. E. at Sumach St. and at Broadview Ave. As a result, 501/301 Queen streetcars and shuttle buses will divert as follows:
- In the west: 501/301 Queen streetcars will divert in both directions via Queen Street, Shaw Street, King Street, Church and Queen.
- In the east: 501/301 Queen streetcars will divert via Queen, Sherbourne, Gerrard, Coxwell and Queen Street.
- 501/301 Queen shuttle buses will provide service on Queen Street East between Shaw Street and Woodbine Loop.
- 501/301 Queen streetcars and shuttle buses will also divert on Saturday from 4:30 - 11:30 p.m. for Cavalcade of Lights at Nathan Phillips Square:
- 501 Queen streetcars will divert in both directions via Queen, Shaw and King Sts.
- 501 Queen shuttle buses will provide service on Queen between Shaw and Jarvis, diverting eastbound via Queen St., University Ave., and Adelaide, Church and Queen Sts., and diverting westbound via Jarvis St., King St. E., University Ave. and Queen St.
If an additional closure of Bay Street is required, 6 Bay southbound buses will divert south Bay St., west on Dundas St., south on University Ave., east on Adelaide St. and south on Bay St. Northbound buses will divert north on Bay St., east on Adelaide St., north on Victoria St., west on Dundas St. and north on Bay St.
PRESTO is not yet available on all shuttle buses. Customers should carry tokens, tickets or cash in case the bus that arrives is not yet PRESTO-equipped.
For more information, visit our Service Advisories page.