Rail and maintenance work on TTC's Line 2 this weekend
This weekend, April 9-10, TTC crews will replace 1,600 ft. of rail on Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth), requiring the portion of the subway line between Christie and Jane stations to close. More than 40 shuttle buses will operate, running between Bathurst and Jane Stations, stopping only at subway stations along the route.
Customers requiring an accessible connection can board a shuttle bus at Bathurst Station, or speak to a TTC staff member about Wheel-Trans buses, which will be available for customers who need them.
Customers going to the Blue Jays games during the closure may take the 26 Dupont bus, which runs between Jane and St George stations every 30 minutes.
Highlights of this weekend's work include:
- Replacing 1,600 ft. of rail between Ossington and Keele stations
- Electrical work in preparation for PRESTO fareline equipment in electrical rooms at Landsdowne, Dundas West, Keele, High Park, Dufferin, Ossington and Runnymede stations
- Tree pruning in the outside area, and tile, block and grout replacement at closed stations
- Platform tile installation at Landsdowne and Dundas West stations
- Track maintenance throughout the closed area.
Maintaining subway infrastructure in a state-of-good-repair is critical to ensuring a safe, reliable transit system. While the TTC does much of its maintenance work on the subway at the conclusion of service each night, it will continue to require weekend closures to complete improvements to infrastructure and signals, such as automatic train control. One weekend of work during a subway closure equals about five weeks of nightly work. The TTC appreciates the public's patience and understanding.
For more information on subway closures, watch the TTC's explainer video at www.youtube.com/OfficialTTCChannel.
Regular service resumes Monday morning at 6 a.m. The next three scheduled subway closures are:
- Line 1 (Yonge-University): St George to Lawrence West - April 16-17
- Line 2: Pape to St George late opening - April 17
- Line 2: Kennedy to Victoria Park - April 23-24
For a full list of upcoming subway closures, please visit ttc.ca.
Blue Jays Home Opener
The TTC will provide increased service on the 510 Spadina route and Line 1 (Yonge-University) after the Toronto Blue Jays home opener game on Fri., April 8.
506 Carlton Diversion
The 506 Carlton streetcar will divert from Fri., April 8 at 10 p.m. until Mon., April 11 at 5 a.m. as TTC crews complete overhead wire work.
Streetcars will divert via Bathurst and Dundas Sts. Shuttle buses will serve the regular streetcar route between Spadina and Landsdowne Sts.
504 King Diversion
TTC Crews continue to work diligently on streetcar track reconstruction at the intersection of King and Charlotte Sts. Regular service on the 504 King route is expected to resume at start of service on Mon., April 11.
For more information on upcoming service advisories, visit ttc.ca or follow @ttcnotices on Twitter.