Some TTC routes to divert for construction this weekend
This weekend, bus service into the Toronto Transit Commission’s Eglinton West Station will be restricted due to the closure of Eglinton Ave. W. from Bathurst St. to Marlee Ave. for Metrolinx construction, as they extract and move the tunnel boring machines being used to build the Eglinton-Crosstown transit expansion project. Allen Road will also be closed, resulting in increased traffic congestion. Please leave additional travel time on all affected routes.
The following routes will divert beginning Friday, April 17 at 9 p.m.:
• Diverting via Marlee Ave., Eglinton Ave. W., Northcliffe Blvd., Vaughan Rd., Oakwood Ave., Eglinton Ave. W., Marlee Ave. to regular routing
• Diverting via Oakwood Ave., Vaughan Rd., Northcliffe Blvd., Eglinton Ave. W., Oakwood Ave. to route
32 Eglinton West will be split into two routes:
• East Side service will divert westbound via Duplex Ave., Eglinton Ave. W., Bathurst St., St. Clair Ave. W. to St. Clair West Station to service Platform 1; eastbound will divert via St. Clair Ave. W., Bathurst St., Eglinton Ave W., Yonge St., Berwick Ave. to service platform #7.
• West Side service will divert eastbound via Keele St., Eglinton Ave. W., Oakwood Ave., Vaughan Rd., st. Clair Ave. W., to St. Clair West Station to service platform 1; westbound will divert via St. Clair Ave. W., Vaughan Rd., Oakwood Ave., Eglinton Ave. W. to route.
• Diverting eastbound via Eglinton Ave. W., Marlee Ave., Glencairn Ave., Bathurst St., east on Eglinton Ave. W. to route; westbound via Avenue Rd., Eglinton Ave. W., Bathurst St., Glencairn Ave., Marlee Ave., Eglinton Ave. W. to route.
TTC customer service staff will on-site to answer questions. Regular service is scheduled to resume on Monday, April 20 at 5 a.m.