TTC track work to close Broadview Avenue and Queen Street East June 30 to July 25
Starting Monday, June 30 at 4:30 a.m., the Toronto Transit Commission and City of Toronto Engineering and Construction Services will carry out major construction work at the intersection of Broadview Avenue and Queen Street East. This work is required to bring the track infrastructure and adjacent road to a state of good repair and will result in more reliable service for many years to come.
During the closure, 501/301 Queen and 504 King streetcars will be required to divert, while the 502 Downtowner and 503 Kingston Road streetcars are replaced by buses. Diversion details are as follows:
- 501/301 Queen streetcars will divert both ways via Coxwell Avenue, Gerrard Street East, Parliament Street.
- 504 King streetcars will divert both ways via Broadview Avenue, Dundas Street East, Parliament Street.
- 502 Downtowner and 503 Kingston Road streetcars will be replaced with bus service.
Replacement bus service:
- 502/503 buses will run between Bingham Loop (Kingston Road & Victoria Park) and Victoria Street. (one block east of Queen Station) during Monday-Friday peak periods.
- 501/301 buses will run between Queen Street East & Kingston Road and Victoria Street.
- All replacement buses will divert around the Broadview/Queen intersection both ways via Carlaw Avenue, Dundas Street East and River Street.
Increased north-south bus service on Greenwood Avenue, Jones Avenue and Pape Avenue will help get customers to and from Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth) should they opt to take the subway. For more information on Queen and Broadview track work, watch the TTC’s explainer video .
The TTC and Riverside BIA encourage residents to visit businesses in the area, which remain open during construction. Queen Street East and Broadview Avenue is scheduled to re-open on July 25.