TTC re-signalling upgrade continues on the Yonge line
The Toronto Transit Commission continues to conduct major work to upgrade the signal system on the Yonge portion (Bloor to Union stations) of the Yonge-University-Spadina subway line this Saturday, May 11.
As a result of this work, subway trains will terminate at Bloor and Union stations. A frequent bus service will operate every three to five minutes between Rosedale and King stations. Customers heading downtown should use the University line south from St George station.
Alternate routes to stations on the Yonge line include:
- 94 Wellesley bus, eastbound from Museum station
- 506 Carlton streetcar, eastbound from Queen’s Park station
- 505 Dundas streetcar, eastbound from St Patrick station
- 501 Queen streetcar, eastbound from Osgoode station or
- 504 King streetcar, eastbound from St Andrew station.
The TTC will have Wheel-Trans buses available to accommodate seniors and persons with disabilities who use wheelchairs, scooters and other mobility aids.