TTC New Year's Eve service
On New Year’s Eve, service will be free after 12 midnight to 4 a.m. on January 1, 2009. The free service is funded by a coalition of leaders in the entertainment industry - the Toronto Entertainment Alliance.
Late night service on most routes will operate later than usual. The specific details are below:
Wednesday, December 31 - New Year’s Eve
- Regular morning peak period service.
- Reduced afternoon peak-period service, operating from 12 noon to 5 p.m.
- Subway and most bus and streetcar service extended until approximately 4 a.m., Thursday, January 1.
- Free service after 12 midnight to 4 a.m. on January 1, 2009.
- Last trains on the Yonge-University-Spadina Subway leave Union Station at 3:30 a.m. for Finch Station and 3:34 a.m. for Downsview Station.
- Last trains on the Bloor-Danforth Subway leave Bloor-Yonge Station at 3:37 a.m. for Kipling Station and at 3:37 a.m. for Kennedy Station.
- Last train on the Scarborough RT leaves Kennedy Station at 4:05 a.m. for McCowan Station.
- Last train on the Sheppard Subway leaves Sheppard-Yonge Station at 3:58 a.m. for Don Mills Station.
Thursday, January 1, 2009 - New Year’s Day
- Sunday service.
- Subway and most routes start at 9 a.m.
From now to January 2, 2009, for $9.00 a day, a TTC Day Pass provides unlimited one day travel for a group of up to six people, maximum two adults and not more than 4 children/youths 19 years of age or under. The pass is valid from the start of service until 5:30 a.m. the next morning.