Essential information about wearing your mask on the TTC during COVID-19
3. How to wear a mask
Instructions for use of disposable masks
How to safely wear a disposable mask:
- Wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer before putting it on and taking it off.
- Secure the elastic loops of the mask around your ears.
- Make sure it fits to cover your mouth, nose and chin.
- Avoid touching your face and mask while wearing it.
- Do not leave your mask hanging from your ear, or from your chin.
How to safely take a disposable mask off:
- Remove the mask without touching the side that faces outwards.
- Remove the elastic loops of the mask around your ears.
- Hold only the loops and place the mask in the garbage.
- Wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Download instructions for using disposable masks in multiple languages:
Read our frequently asked questions about masks and preventing the spread of COVID-19.