Construction at Museum Station has begun and will be completed by the end of 2024.
Rendering of the Museum Station Second Exit/Entrance, looking north towards the War Memorial.
Cross section image of station elevators
What we are doing and why
Construction work will occur concurrently to build two new elevators and a new second entrance/exit at the north end of Queen’s Park. By the end of 2024, the station is scheduled to be fully accessible and the new entrance/exit will improve customer safety and convenience.
Phase 1B – December 2022 to Q2/Q3 2023
- Two construction work zones will be active during the initial phase of this project.
- Elevator construction and structural rehabilitation will take place south of Bloor Street.
- Second Entrance/Exit construction will take place at the north end of Queen’s Park Circle.
- The major work activities will include shoring and excavation.
- Two traffic lanes will be maintained: one southbound, one northbound.
Traffic, cyclist and pedestrian details
- Queen’s Park lane restrictions will be in effect between south of Bloor Street to the north end of Queen’s Park Circle.
- Minimum of one lane in each direction through the work zones will be maintained at all times.
- A cycling detour is in effect around the construction work zones Pedestrian travel around the work zones will be maintained.
- Work will typically take place Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Some work on weekends and overnight may be required.
Subway service at the station will be maintained throughout construction.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve Museum Station.
If you wish to be added to the project list to receive regular updates, please email below with "subscribe to Museum Station" in the subject line.
For further information:
Senior Community Liaison