On this page
TTC Response to COVID-19Please be advised that job postings will be limited to essential or high priority postings as part of the TTC’s efforts to protect the health and safety of our customers and staff while also maintaining our business continuity. The TTC is committed to doing everything possible based on the expert advice of our Toronto Public Health and medical experts to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Transit Operator Recruitment
The TTC is currently seeking dedicated customer focused individuals to join our team of Transit Operators. As a front-line employee, you will play a key role in our mission to make Toronto proud.
This role is ideal for you if you possess:
- Minimum one to two years of face-to-face customer service experience
- A non-probationary Ontario driver’s license, Class “G” in good standing. Review our abstract requirements
- A Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or its recognized equivalent. Review our education requirements
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and courteously with the public
- Experience with disability accommodation and accessibility requirements
- The ability to work a flexible schedule that includes various shifts (nights, split shifts, weekends and holidays)
- Large commercial vehicle driving experience is considered an asset
- Professional experience working with persons with disabilities is considered an asset
In return, the TTC offers competitive wages and comprehensive benefits including
- Healthcare and dental plans
- Group life insurance
- Pension plan
- In-house training and career development programs
- Tuition aid benefit plan
Before you apply online:
- Review Your Resume: Have a detailed resume ready to upload online. Your resume should include up-to-date information about your relevant skills and full work experience.
- Abstract: Review our Abstract Requirements to ensure you are eligible to apply. You do not need to submit an abstract with your application.
- Education: Review our Educational Requirements and ensure you have educational information ready (names and dates of diplomas/degrees/certificates).
Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Diversity and Culture - Talent Management at (416) 393-4570 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit How to apply for step-by-step instructions on how to apply or to find a list of community agencies and employment service providers who can assist job seekers to become job ready.
The recruitment process for the Transit Operator position consists of 5 steps. Applicants must successfully complete each step in order to be considered for the next step in the process.
Application and screening
- Apply online
- Complete any online assessments that may be sent to you via email
- Your application and assessment results will be reviewed by a member of the Talent Management Team and if selected you will be contacted by email
Cognitive ability test and position and hiring process overview
Selected applicants will be invited to complete a cognitive ability test and watch a presentation outlining an in-depth overview of the position and hiring process. Successful candidates will proceed to interview stage.
- You will be invited to an interview, conducted by one or more members of the Talent Management staff
- You will be asked questions to demonstrate skills, knowledge and abilities required for the Transit Operator position
If successful, a Conditional Offer of Employment will be presented to you with the following additional requirements:
- Pre-Placement Medical and Drug Testing Appointment
- Toronto Police Vulnerable Sector Criminal Background Check
- Education Verification
- Employment Verification
Documentation and Training
Once your conditions have been cleared its time to be on-boarded. This process is the last step to prepare you for a training start date. When your start date is established, you will be contacted by Talent Management staff with a training date (your first day of employment) and an assigned work location two weeks prior to your start date.