Spring - Summer 2011
We provided our Customers with over 600,000 rides this winter and we really appreciated your patience during those “snowy days”!
Coming soon to Wheel-Trans:
The New Wheel-Trans Trip Scheduling System
- Better ability to group customers - share riding
- Better On-Time Service
- Our goal is to accommodate more trips!
HELP US PROCESS AS MANY CALLS AS POSSIBLE. PLEASE BE READY.
We want to serve as many customers as quickly as possible. When the Reservationist answers, have ready your:
- registration number,
- correct address information,
- closest intersection,
- building type/entrance
We need to keep your personal information up to date. If anything has changed; your address, phone number, mobility device or your physical mobility, please contact customer service at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-393-4111.
More Helpful Hints for our Customers
- Please be ready at your pickup location 5 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- Our buses and taxis can only wait five minutes past your scheduled pickup time before leaving for the next customer.
- Drivers only ring doorbells or knock on doors when the vehicle arrives more than 20 minutes late.
- Drivers will enter public buildings such as hospital waiting areas to announce that they have arrived and who they are picking up. Drivers are not permitted to enter your home or apartment.
- The Driver will confirm your name and destination to verify that you are scheduled to ride with them.
- Drivers will assist you to and from the vehicle through the first accessible door at all locations.
- Customers are asked to have their fares ready at the time of pickup.
We all want you to have a safe and comfortable trip!
Canada’s Largest Exhibition for Disabilities: People in Motion
Queen Elizabeth Building
Exhibition Place, Toronto
Friday June 3, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday June 4, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wheel-Trans will be providing Shuttle Bus service from accessible Bathurst Subway Station to the People in Motion Show. For assistance in planning your trip using the TTC Accessible Transit Network, call TTC Customer Information at 416-393-INFO (4636) or visit the website www.ttc.ca.
Wheel-Trans shuttle bus schedule June 3 & 4
For TTC schedule and route information, visit www.ttc.ca and click on Schedules & Maps.
Call 416-393-4636 (INFO) for more information about Accessible TTC.
Go to mywheel-trans.ttc.ca to book online, or call the RideLine at 416-397-8000 the day before to book your rides.
See you at the Show!
Booking Your Trip Online with Wheel-Trans
Wheel-Trans self-booking website: mywheel-trans.ttc.ca
If you have access to the internet either in your home or through a family member or friend, there is no faster way to book, cancel or confirm your rides.
We've provided you with step by step instructions:
- Cut out the form on the inside back page and mail in the addresses for your Personal Address List or email them to email@example.com.
- Go to mywheel-trans.ttc.ca and register your account.
- Once you have registered and set up your account, you will be able to book, cancel and confirm your rides.
You will be able to book rides to:
- Your Personal Address List that you set up in step 1
- Major locations in the city (i.e. hospitals, subway stations, shopping malls, attractions)
- Any address that you have travelled to in the last 60 days
You will not be able to select addresses that you have not travelled to before, or that are not on your list.
- If you still require more detailed instructions, you can:
- Go to mywheel-trans.ttc.ca and click on “Help” and then on “videos”
- Call Customer Service at 416-393-4111 and ask for assistance or for a DVD that provides detailed instruction.;
If you don’t have access to a computer, call RideLine 416-397-8000 and simply follow the instructions
Call RideLine 416-397-8000
Please follow these step by step instructions:
- Use the form on the insert to mail in the addresses for your Personal Address List or contact Customer Service at 416-393-4111 and ask the representative to set up your Personal Address List. It can be any address that you currently travel to, or wish to travel to in the future. You are able to register up to 8 personal addresses. Keep a copy of your list by the phone for own information.
- Dial 416-397-8000
- Press #1 for Trip Confirmations or to Cancel your ride
- Press #3 for Regular Booking for tomorrow
- Key in your Wheel-Trans registration number, followed by # sign
- Key in your Personal 4 digit ID (month & day you were born) e.g. Jan 25 would be 0125
- You will be able to book rides to:
- Your Personal Address List that you set up in step 1
- Major locations in the city (i.e. hospitals, subway stations, malls, attractions)
You will not be able to select addresses that you have not travelled to before, and that are not on your list.
- If you still require more detailed instructions, you can call Customer Service at 416-393-4111 and ask for your own personal training session and/or a detailed brochure.
The 5:00 am booking time is ONLY available to customers using the INTERNET or the RIDELINE. Reservation lines are open 7:00 am to 11:00 pm.
Travelling within the GTA?
If you plan on travelling to Mississauga, Brampton, Vaughan, Markham, Richmond Hill, Newmarket or Ajax/Pickering? Wheel-Trans will help get you to the nearest transfer point!
Call Wheel-Trans Customer Service, weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., at 416-393-4111 to request assistance with planning your future trips.
Pick-up Times from Transfer Points may not always run to schedule, so please allow at least an additional 30 minutes.
York Region Transit - Mobility Plus
Registration: 905-762-2963, Toll-free: 1-866-744-1119
Trip Booking: 905-762-2963
Durham Region Transit - Specialized Service
Ajax Pickering - 905-683-4114
Oshawa, Whitby, Clarington - 905-725-4000
Brock, Uxbridge, Scugog Townships - 1-866-247-0055
Region Of Peel - Transhelp
Registration: 905-791-1015, press “2”
Trip Booking: 905-791-1015
No Registration necessary - Hours of Service and Fares: Please contact GO Transit for service information at 416-869-3200, Long distance at 1 888 GET ON GO (438-6646)
Personal Address List Request for Internet or RideLine Trip Booking
Your Personal Address List is used for booking your trips on the internet or on the RideLine. If you have already provided these addresses to us or will not use internet or RideLine trip booking, it is not necessary to send this form to us. Use this form to add additional addresses to your Personal Address List. Keep a copy of these addresses for your own information.
Email your list to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax this form to: 416-338-0126 or Mail this form to: Wheel-Trans Customer Service 130 Merton Street, Toronto, Ontario M4S 1A4
Your 2011 ACAT - Advisory Committee on Accessible Transit
Current Members of 2011 ACAT:
Craig Nicol, Mazin Aribi, Scott McArthur, Chair Sam Savona, Heather Green, Dorothy Creaser, Ex-Officio Susan Davidson, Angela Rebeiro, Brayan Bratanov, Robert Muzzy, Vice-Chairs Howard Wax and Valdo Tammark, Anna Noviss, Lori March, Carol Anne Monet, and Elaine Prescod
A Message from the Chair of ACAT
My name is Sam Savona and I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to all Wheel-Trans customers. I was elected as the 2011 Chair of ACAT (Advisory Committee on Accessible Transportation), and I look forward to the upcoming challenges we will face making the TTC more accessible for everyone.
When I am not using the regular accessible TTC Network, I take advantage of the convenience, and appreciate the peace of mind that the Wheel-Trans Internet Trip Booking system and the RideLine give me. As everyone knows there are times when you need to speak to a Reservationist, for example, to book a ride to a place that you have never gone to before, or to change an address on your “Pre-Registered Trip List”. These are the times when I get frustrated because of how long it takes to get through to a Reservationist due to constant busy signals. Why does this happen? Well, did you know there are currently 42,000 active registered riders using Wheel-Trans, with 900 new customers added monthly? Imagine the number of phone calls Wheel-Trans receives each and every day. What we all can do to help with this situation is to use the Internet or RideLine booking system to book, confirm or cancel our rides, and whenever possible, use the regular accessible TTC Network. This will all add up and will improve service for all of us.