College Station – Second Exit/Entrance & Easier Access Project
Timeline: As early as January 29, 2024* expected to March 2024*
*subject to weather, unforeseen events
What we are doing and why?
As part of the TTC’s commitment to safety and modernization, College Station (Line 1) will be getting a new second exit/entrance, and elevators to improve customer safety, accessibility and convenience.
Stage 2 restoration construction will take place on the west side of Yonge Street and is expected to be completed between January 2024 and March 2024.
West Side of Yonge Restoration Plans (starting as early as January 29, 2024* for approximately 3 weeks:
- Construction to restore the walkway, and concrete pouring on the west side of Yonge Street.
- In order to restore the sidewalk on the west side of Yonge, the contractor must remove the decking. The sidewalk (on the west side of Yonge Street in front of 444 Yonge Street, near the intersection of Yonge Street and College Street) will be closed overnight for public safety as part of this restoration work:
Traffic Impacts (Stage 3), will begin as early as March 2024; or at the completion of stage 2:
- The eastern traffic lanes of Yonge Street (south of College Street) will be closed to construct the new Concourse level housing the stairs and new elevators.
- One lane of traffic in each direction on Yonge Street (on the west side) will be available
- Another notice with more details regarding stage 3 will be shared.
Noise, vibration, and dust
Noise, dust, and vibration associated with construction can be expected with this work. Efforts will be made to keep levels to a minimum.
Majority of the work will take place between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday to Friday, and on Saturday after 9 a.m., with work after hours and on Sunday after 9 a.m. if required. As permitted, some overnight work will be required during the course of this project for safety and efficiency.
To learn more about the project, please view the project page:
For further information:
Community Liaison Officer
If you would like to be added to the project e-mail list in order to receive future updates about this project, please email me at email@example.com.
Thank you for your patience as we work to make College Station accessible.