Main Street Station Service Changes
Effective May 7, 2023
The bus/streetcar loop at Main Street Station will be closed for construction to repair structural pavement and the concrete bus platform on the south side of the station, including replacing the tactile warning plates and curb slopes for accessibility.
Pedestrian access to the station entrance and subway will be maintained.
Bus and streetcar service will be relocated during the loop closure. Service changes take effect on Sunday, May 7, 2023:
- The temporary stop location for Wheel-Trans is in front of Main Street Station.
- 20 Cliffside will turn back at Victoria Park Station via Victoria Park Avenue.
- 23 Dawes will be extended and terminate/turn back using on-street looping via Eastdale Avenue.
- Temporary stop locations:
23 Dawes eastbound: south side of Danforth Avenue and Main Street
23 Dawes westbound: Main Street just outside the station.
- Routing for the on-street loop to and from Eastdale Avenue:
Northbound trips (from Main Street/Danforth Avenue): north on Main Street, east on Lumsden Avenue and south on Eastdale Avenue to Goodwood Park Crescent.
Southbound trips (from Eastdale Avenue): south on Eastdale Avenue, west on Second Avenue, south on Barrington Avenue, west on Doncaster Avenue and south on Main Street.
- 62 Mortimer will be extended from Main Street to Victoria Park Station via Danforth Avenue. Customer can use Line 2 or 62 Mortimer between Main Street and Victoria Park Stations.
- Temporary stop locations:
62 Mortimer eastbound: south side of Danforth Avenue and Main Street
62 Mortimer westbound: Main Street just outside the station.
64 Main and 87 Cosburn will be combined into one longer, continuous route, eliminating the need for each of these routes to turn around at Main Street Station.
64 Main Street southbound is the final stop for 87 Cosburn eastbound. The temporary stop location is at Main Street and Danforth Avenue on the west side.
87 Cosburn westbound is the final stop for 64 Main northbound. The temporary stop location is on Main Street just outside the station.
113 Danforth and 135 Gerrard will be combined into one longer, continuous route, eliminating the need for each of these routes to turn around at Main Street Station.
113 Danforth eastbound is the final stop for 135 Gerrard westbound. The temporary stop location is the east side of Main Street and Danforth Avenue.
135 Gerrard eastbound is the final stop for 113 Danforth westbound. The temporary stop location is the west side of Main Street and Danforth Avenue.
- May 7 to June 17, 2023
- 506 Carlton streetcars will divert to Queen Street and Kingston Road as follows:
- Eastbound: from Carlton Street, south on Parliament street, east on Gerrard Street, south on Broadview Avenue and east on Queen Street to Kingston Road.
- Westbound: from Kingston Road, west on Queen Street, north on Broadview Avenue, west on Dundas Street, north on Parliament Street and west on Carlton Street to regular route.
- 506C Carlton replacement buses will operate between Castle Frank Station and Victoria Park Station, via Parliament Street, Gerrard Street and Victoria Park Avenue.
- 306 Carlton replacement buses will operate between Dundas West Station and Victoria Park Station, diverting via Gerrard Street and Victoria Park Avenue.
- Customers should use Line 2 to connect to Main Street Station from Victoria Park Station.
Northbound 506C: board on Parliament Street, south of Carlton Street.
Eastbound 506C: board on Parliament Street, north of Carlton Street.
Westbound 506/306: board on Parliament Street, south of Carlton Street.
Eastbound 506/306: board on Carlton Street, west of Paliament Street.
For project information and construction notices, visit the project page.
For support with service changes or trip planning, connect with a TTC Customer Information Agent by phone 416-393-4636 or TTY 416-481-2523.