TTC recognized for Diversity and Inclusion program
The TTC is proud to announce that its Diversity and Inclusion program was recently named “Best Diversity Program” by Canadian HR Reporter magazine.
The TTC recently expanded the mandate of its Human Rights Department to include diversity, and launched a two-year plan to raise awareness, build a foundation of knowledge, and develop programs and initiatives to inclusively support all diverse groups.
The program, which aligns with the TTC’s People objective in its Five-Year Corporate Plan, also includes a reworking of human resource policies to align with the needs of the TTC’s diverse workforce of over 14,000 employees.
Features of the program include:
- A new Diversity and Inclusion corporate policy.
- A new Diversity and Inclusion training program, including Manager in-class training sessions to discuss inclusive leadership skills, unconscious bias and cultural competency.
- A Diversity and Inclusion lens, which helps TTC employees apply a special filter to their work, to see things from perspectives different than their own. TTC is one of the first transportation agencies to develop a Lens for the workplace.
- A 35-page Diversity and Inclusion toolkit, which complements the Lens by including a set of questions to prompt employees to think about diversity and inclusion in their daily work, and to help employees work together more inclusively.
- Mentoring and professional development training programs.
The TTC will continue to build upon this program rolling out the next phase in the strategy by developing individually tailored programs for any specific groups that would benefit from additional diversity and inclusion support.
Watch the video to find out more about the program and the award.