TTC to conduct track work at Spadina-College intersection
The Toronto Transit Commission and the City of Toronto will be replacing streetcar tracks and switches, as well as improving the road and sidewalks at the intersection of Spadina Ave. and College St. from April 6 to 27 only. As a result of this work, the 506/306 Carlton streetcar and 510 Spadina replacement buses will be required to divert.
March 29-May 9:
• 510 Spadina streetcars will be replaced with buses, operating between Spadina Station and Queens Quay loop. Proof-of-Payment will be enforced on replacement buses. PRESTO will not be available.
• 504 King replacement buses will be moved to Spadina during the closure. Streetcars that normally operate on Spadina will be moved to the 504 King route.
• 509 Harbourfront route will accommodate the new, low-floor accessible streetcars, operating between Union Station and Exhibition Place. Proof-of-Payment will be introduced during the closure and remain in place afterwards. PRESTO will be available on the new streetcars.
April 6-April 27:
• The intersection of Spadina and College will close.
• 510 Spadina buses will divert northbound via Spadina Ave., east on Dundas St. W., north on Beverley St., north on St. George St., west on Harbord St., north on Spadina Ave. to Spadina Station; and southbound via south on Spadina Ave., west on Harbord St., south on Bathurst St., east on Dundas St. W., south on Spadina Ave., east on Queens Quay into the Spadina Loop.
• 506/306 Carlton will divert both ways via College St., Ossington Ave., Dundas St. W., Bay St., College St. to route.
The TTC thanks customers for their patience and encourages residents to support local businesses which will remain open during the construction.