You must possess a Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma or the equivalent
What is acceptable as proof of Grade 12 education?The following documents are acceptable as proof of a Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma:
- Original High School Diploma or Ontario equivalent
- Original Ontario Secondary School Transcript which clearly states that an Ontario Secondary School Diploma was awarded
What documents are acceptable as proof of an equivalent to Grade 12?
The types of equivalent documents that are acceptable are the following:
- Original High School Equivalency Certificate issued by the Ministry of Education upon successful completion of the GED tests
- Original Secondary School Diploma or original transcripts
What documents are acceptable as proof of an equivalency to Grade 12 if I was educated outside Canada?
We only accept equivalency documents from the following organizations:
- World Education Services (WES) Credential Evaluation
- Comparative Education Service (CES), University of Toronto
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS)
What if I have a higher level of education above a Grade 12, what is acceptable as proof?
The types of documents that are acceptable are the following:
- Original Community College Diploma (minimum 2 years, full time program) from an accredited college or a Canadian University Degree or an original transcript indicating the level of education awarded at graduation
What if I do not have an original diploma or transcript from my High School, do I require one?
All documents must be originals; photocopies are not acceptable. The following resources are available to obtain an official copy of your Ontario High School Diploma or Transcript:
- If you left a publicly funded school within the past five years, you will most likely be able to obtain your secondary school transcript from the last school you attended
- If you left a publicly funded school more than five years ago, or if the school you attended is no longer in operation, you should contact the school board, rather than the school. Ontario public school and separate school addresses can be found on the web at Ontario Ministry of Education. Ontario private school addresses can be found at Ontario Ministry of Education - Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
If you went to school in Toronto, you can request your transcript from either of the following:
- Toronto District School Board or call 416-396-4783
- Toronto Catholic District School Board or call 416-222-8282, ext. 2504
- If you left school before 1969, or if a private school you attended is no longer in operation, you should contact the Ministry of Education Records Management Unit at 900 Bay Street, Toronto, 416-325-2492