On this page
Toward transit without barriers
TTC's Advisory Committee on Accessible Transit - ACAT provides advice and guidance to the TTC Board and TTC staff on improvements to conventional, Wheel-Trans and Community Bus services to better meet the needs and concerns of all riders. The committee reports directly to the TTC Board and provides feedback on:
- Accessibility features of new buses, streetcars, subway trains and stations
- Wheel-Trans eligibility criteria, the application process, trip booking and Family of Services
- Technology improvements, such as Trip Planner and ttc.ca
- Priority seating: blue seat fabric, flip down seats, ‘please offer me a seat’ program
- Training of TTC Operators, Collectors and Customer Service Agents (CSAs) regarding accessible services at the TTC.
- Check out past ACAT agendas and minutes.
ACAT meetings are being held virtually for the foreseeable future until Toronto Public Health permits in-person gatherings. Please check the schedule below for meeting dates and times.
To make a deputation at an ACAT meeting, you must make your request in writing ten (10) days prior to the upcoming ACAT meeting. Deputants must provide a brief, written overview of the topic(s) to be addressed. Please forward your request and brief to email@example.com
2023 ACAT members are:
- Anita Dressler
- Gwyneth Dalzell
- Erica Tanny
- Mei Hung
- Rob Lackie
- Frank Lockhart
- Maria Marin
- Lavarnan Mehavarnan
- Bobbi Moore
- Wangari Muriuki
- Craig Nicol
- Betty Rivington-Law
- Lauri Sue Robertson
- Valdo Tammark
- Howard Wax
2023 Pool members are:
- Tammy Adams
- Jason Osborne
- Nicolas Paterson
ACAT is made up of 15 members on three-year terms. Each year, the Board appoints five new members to the committee who volunteer about seven hours per week during regular business hours.
Applications will be accepted until 4 p.m. August 14, 2023. To apply complete either an ACAT PDF application or the ACAT online application. The ACAT PDF applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed into Wheel-Trans or faxed to 416-338-0126. Instructions on how to apply.