RapidTO: Jane Street
Serving over 43,000 customers on an average weekday prior to the pandemic and travelling through several Neighbourhood Improvement Areas, Jane Street from Eglinton Avenue West to Steeles Avenue West is the second roadway being studied for transit priority measures.
The City and the TTC will be seeking input from the community and key stakeholders to better understand the Jane Street roadway user needs, challenges, and priorities and advance transit priority solutions. Feedback will be collected in two steps: Step 1: Design Options Review and Step 2: Preferred Option Review.
Public feedback, along with technical considerations and City policies and guidelines will be considered in decisions to be made by staff and City Council.
Step 1 of RapidTO: Jane public consultation has begun. The City and the TTC seek input from the community and key stakeholders to better understand the Jane Street roadway user needs, challenges, and priorities. This will help advance transit priority solutions that will improve service reliability for buses travelling on Jane Street. Staff have developed the following five road design options:
- Option 1 – Existing Conditions with Minor Road & Public Transit Changes
- Option 2 – Priority Bus Lanes
- Option 3 – Priority Bus Lanes on Key Segments
- Option 4 – High Occupancy Vehicle (3+) Lanes
- Option 5 – Queue Jump Lanes at Key Locations
Public consultation opportunities:
- Complete an online survey, available at www.toronto.ca/RapidTO, until April 11, 2023
- Attend a virtual or in-person public meeting:
March 8, 2023
Wed., Mar. 22, 2023
6:30 – 9 p.m.
Driftwood Community Recreation Centre
4401 Jane Street
Tues., Mar. 28, 2023
6:30 – 9 p.m.
1795 Lawrence Avenue West
To learn more about these events and to register, visit www.toronto.ca/RapidTO.
- Review public and stakeholder feedback to develop a consultation summary and inform project evaluation
- Conduct additional traffic modelling analysis
- Present and seek feedback on the preliminary preferred design option in mid-2023