St Clair West Station - Geotechnical Investigation
What we are doing and why:
The TTC is planning for capacity improvements at some of Line 1’s busiest subway stations. For more information on this program, please visit our website. Fire ventilation systems across the TTC will be improved as part of the program. The fire ventilation system at St Clair West Station will be upgraded to allow for increased system capacity. Geotechnical investigation will include drilling of boreholes to install monitoring wells for an assessment of soil conditions to inform engineering design. The geotech work will take place in Cedarvale Park at Heath St (Tichester Rd) adjacent to the existing TTC Heath St (Tichester Rd) entrance. The investigative works are expected to begin as early as May 23, 2023* and will take approximately eight weeks to complete, pending weather and other unforeseen site conditions/events.
What to expect during utility investigation work:
- The majority of work will take place between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- The work area will be marked with traffic cones and caution tape, and no unauthorized persons will be allowed to enter in the work area.
- Pedestrian walkways around the work zone will remain clear from any construction debris.
- Noise, dust, and vibration associated with construction is unavoidable with this work. Appropriate monitoring will be set up to keep levels within check.
- Construction trucks, equipment and workers will be present in the general area.
Tree and park protection plan:
- Available park space will be reduced during construction, but the park will remain open for use.
- The proposed boreholes will not be the ravine area. Trees within the project area will be protected. No vegetation/tree clearing is required for access.
- Construction vehicles will use Heath St (Tichester Rd) to enter/exit park property.
- All of the proposed boreholes are located just off the gravel walking path. No disturbance to any paved or unpaved surfaces is anticipated. Where necessary, protective covering (e.g. plywood/rubber mat) will be utilized to avoid any damage to the ground cover/turf/grass.
For further information:
- Gurjeet Kaur, Senior Community Liaison Officer, 437-551-4407; email@example.com.
- If you would like to be added to the project email list (in order to receive future updates about this project), please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.