Back to school safety on the TTC
Let’s start the school year right. Here are some helpful actions that will help the TTC to provide a better, safer service to students and the community.
- Follow traffic signals.
- Never run or jaywalk.
- Form a single line at the stop. Stay back from the curb.
- Don’t throw objects.
- Look both ways before exiting.
- Face masks are strongly recommended.
Always be courteous
- Don’t rush the doors. Let others exit.
- Keep your school bag away from the doors. Carry it in front of you, on your lap or at your feet.
- Don’t block the doors. Move to the back or centre of the vehicle.
- In an emergency use the intercom for assistance on a subway or a streetcar.
- Allow customers using mobility devices to board first.
Paying your fare
- If you are 13 or older, have your payment ready.
- Set your PRESTO card for discounted youth fares at a Shoppers Drug Mart or at the TTC Customer Service Center above Davisville Station.